FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2012
Union Station - 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
These are all words that evoke the energy and excitement around this year's bigBang! event, a forum hosted by Dallas Social Venture Partners. We will be convening the thinkers and doers of our city for a day-long opportunity to catalyze positive impact.
Schedule & Breakout Sessions at a Glance
General Admission - $225.00
Be A MicroSponsor & Help others benefit from bigBANG!
Microsponsors get two tickets + four Fellowships to be used by the MicroSponsor or given back to bigBang! to be distributed as scholarships.
MicroSponsor - $1,000.00
In its 3rd year, bigBANG! is a one-day forum that brings together business leaders, educators, non-profits leaders, entrepreneurs, decision-makers and innovators to learn from each other and to join together to
• Tackle the social issues challenging the Dallas community
• Meet who is doing what & Learn about how it's working
• Engage in being part of the solution to social challenges
bigBANG! presents content along four tracks. The social issues addressed by each cover a broad range – -education, poverty, literacy, homelessness, hunger. Attendees can follow a single track or blend sessions from any of the four. Presentations and experiences are a mix of 20, 40 and 60 minute blocks in the following areas:
• The City
• The Education Imperative
• Health & Wellness
• Social Entrepreneurship
bigBANG! will also features interactive experiences:
- BIG IDEAS for Dallas workshop designed to develop real solutions to the social challenges discussed at bigBANG!
- Socially-Conscious Marketplace with 20+ vendors with a social mission that sell an eclectic mix of products and services
- SciTech Discovery Center's Wall of Big Ideas
- Cooper Institute's Quest to Lava Mountain
- Big Thought's Poetry Wall
- bcWORKSHOPS Neighborhood Maps Project & Stories Video Booth